Music video for myself: “Take That Thing Off My Couch” by me. Used After Effects and Premiere CS6, fractals were achieved using Artmatic 5.
And just on that… here are some screencaps from the animation.
Cold landscapes explored with Artmatic Voyager. 4000×2500 px renders.
– – –
Sometime ago I was experimenting with Artmatic, and I had this really old preset which I did some similar things so I thought I’d re-do stuff and try making additional designs based on it. Here are some results. I tried several color schemes from Aztec to Inca styled colors… though in the end it went all over the place. Oh well. Fun stuff. These were post processed using ACR.
– – –
These are honestly quite an eye-sore but that’s more like the fun of it 🙂 Yup! Super complex fun Artmatic creations. These were edited in ACR, consequently all renders are poster quality.
Some experiments with patterned lines I tried back in 2011. Never really got to publish them so here they are 🙂
These were done using Artmatic 5 and edited mildly using ACR.
I was thinking about bioluminescent jellyfish as I played around with Artmatic.
The previous post explains about what you see here. Although unlike the last Artmatic structure I used, this one uses a similar tree structure. The modification adds a new effect.
– – –
I’ve been using Artmatic since the first version came out. I don’t even know how long ago that is but I recall the first time I opened the program and how much I was just blown away by the visuals you can create with it. Ever since I’ve been a big fan of Artmatic and its endless possibilities. Come to think of it, I basically grew up with the program, and in all honesty I wouldn’t be who I am right now without it.
Most of my Artmatic experiences relied heavily on playing with Mutations and the ultra-awesome randomizer feature. Though I eventually realized I wasn’t getting anywhere with that. I had ideas but I wouldn’t get there just by hitting the random button, and so I began to play with the structure. Although here’s the really interesting thing about this program. It’s really easy to play with but gets very very deep with a couple clicks of a button.
Let me show you some pictures I’ve been lately producing with the program. (Post processing was done using Photoshop’s ACR)
They look very complex, but I assure you, what you see isn’t that hard to create. The catch is in the use of compiled trees and iterators. It’s pretty basic, but it can result in really cool things quite quickly.
And that’s pretty clean simple. Much of the color comes from the 3 in 3 out component (the 3rd component from the very bottom of the tree.) Iterations are additive, hence resulting in a nice “glowing” look to it. You can choose other iterative modes but it seems additive works best in this case.
You can additionally change parameters around within the compiled tree. Let me show you what it looks like inside.
Basically what the picture says. Most of these components were chosen by trial and error, and I also look around in the given presets for inspiration and “how-tos”
That’s the basic idea behind it all. In post, I add grain, a bit of sharpness or glow depending on how I want the image to look. I also process some colors via Color Balance in Photoshop.
If anybody’s really interested in seeing this work in person, you can email me: firstname.lastname@example.org and I’d be happy to send you the Artmatic file. (Requires that you have Artmatic 5, although the structure can be recreated in Artmatic 4.8 as well.)
Update: images were broken. Fixed 🙂